The IRS has released the standard mileage rates for 2012. For business is the rate is 55.5 cents per mile. Driving for charitable purposes is 14 cents and the rate for medical travel and moving is 23 cents. These rates are set by the Internal Revenue Service each year based on a study of fixed and variable costs of operating an automobile.
- It’s Not Too Early to Start Planning for Next Year’s Taxes
- How the ACA Affects Employers With Fewer Than 50 Full-time Employees
- What You Need to Know About the Home Office Deduction
- When You’re Ready for Help With Bookkeeping: Part 3 — 5 Ways Hiring an Outsourced Bookkeeping Team Benefits Your Business
- When You’re Ready for Help With Bookkeeping: Part 2 — How to Prevent Fraud and Other Financial Mismanagement